ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION AND PENILE PROSTHESIS
If having sex has been frustrating due to the incapacity of keeping an erect penis, the man could be suffering from an erectile dysfunction (ED). This condition can be linked to emotional factors (anxiety, stress), lifestyle (alcohol consumption, use of cigarette or drugs), hormonal dysfunction or even other diseases (for example, diabetes, prostate cancer, Peyronie’s disease and cardiovascular problems).
Almost half of 40-year-old or older men have already been through incidents such as these, however not all of them need an implant. Dr. Paulo Egydio can help you understand why and when it’s recommended, and also what precautions you should take to have a more satisfying final result.
WHEN SHOULD I CONSIDER PROSTHESIS AS A SOLUTION?
In all cases it’s recommended to seek medical orientation, however prosthesis surgery can be indicated when:
- Erectile dysfunction makes sexual intercourse difficult or of bad quality;
- It’s difficult to have or keep an erection until the end of sexual intercourse;
- You’ve had hormone replacement treatment and it didn’t solve the erection problem;
- You’ve noticed size reduction and narrowing, apart from lack of erection;
- You’ve tried using medicine, however without satisfying results;
- You’ve used medication for some time with success, however they don’t work anymore;
- You’ve increased medication or injection doses, had side effects and that bothers you.
Click here to read this and other posts on the Blog.
TYPES OF PENILE PROSTHESIS
The prosthesis market is in constant innovation, whether to improve existing technologies or the chosen type of surgical technique. In general they can be classified in 3 types: malleable, inflatable and articulated.
The choice of the type of prosthesis is made along with the patient, during medical consultation, from a careful evaluation. With his vast experience in all types of penile implant, Dr. Paulo Egydio treats every case particularly, taking into consideration medical condition, lifestyle, personal experience and value for money.
Click here to read
about the advantages of the technique developed by Dr. Paulo Egydio – CORRECTS RIGIDITY, RESTORES SIZE AND GIRTH OF PENIS
See below other successful cases from Dr. Paulo Egydio.